Heroku is growing and we are looking to hire technical sales representatives to join our team. We foster an entrepreneurial work environment where being inquisitive is valued.
Being passionate about working with customers and technology while helping to innovate and redefine how technology is sold are traits we look for in people. If you are someone who has experience in a highly technical sales role, as an SE or even does some developing or hacking in his or her spare time, we would be interested in speaking with you.
This position will be responsible for:
* Managing inbound sales inquiries and following up on high value user activities
* Communicating with customers via their preferred virtual channels (phone, skype, email, tickets, IM) with occasional face-to-face interactions
* Working with current customers to grow/expand relationships
* Ensuring customers are successful on our platform
* Being the internal champion on technical and business issues for customers
* Building relationships and align with partners to co-sell the Heroku platform
Required skills and experience:
* 5+ years sales experience
* 2+ years technical sales experience
* Technical background and the ability to get into code (not an engineer, but understanding of how code works)
* Strong track record of being a top producer
* Someone who has an appetite for success and willing to work on a team to reach goals
This position requires that you live in or be willing to relocate to the San Francisco Bay Area.
Heroku is a thriving start-up owned by Salesforce.com, based in SOMA, San Francisco. Our work environment is fun and flexible while also ruthlessly focused on technical excellence and customer success. Our growing group offers lots of opportunities for hyper talented, self- motivated, no-drama and no-nonsense individuals who share our belief that cloud architectures are dramatically changing web application development and deployment, and want to be part of the vanguard of this movement.