Heroku, along with its parent company Salesforce.com, has transformed cloud computing with a revolutionary portfolio of Platform technologies. And now we’ve got our sights set on the next generation of amazing apps. Recognized as the world’s 4th fastest growing company according to FORTUNE magazine, our platform technologies have revolutionized how companies build, deploy, scale and manage modern applications. With more than 12,000 employees, the first enterprise cloud computing company to exceed $4B in annual revenue run rate, and more than 100,000 customers worldwide, we are proud to contribute to the success of companies of all sizes and industries around the globe. Fortune has named us one of the "Best Places to Work" and has awarded us the title of the most innovative company (3 years running).
Do you have what it takes to be with the best-of-the-best?
Heroku is looking for technology sales professionals with a proven track record of exceeding quota in Technology & Platform sales. The Heroku Account Executive (AE) role focuses exclusively on the Cloud application platform, Heroku. The Heroku AE will formulate and execute a sales strategy within an assigned region, drive revenue growth by penetrating the current customer base, and develop new customers in the region. They will work in partnership with the existing account-owning Salesforce Account Executives (AEs) and Platform AEs along with sales leadership in the regions, and will carry quota for the Heroku Platform product sales in their region.
Effective partnering with Salesforce AEs and Platform AEs will be critical to the role. This is accomplished by participating and leading client and prospect meetings or engaging other corporate resources as required, as well as participating in regional forecast calls and account planning sessions. Accurately forecasting sales activity and revenue while creating satisfied and referenceable customers are key responsibilities within the Heroku Account Executive position.
- To refine sales messaging, prospecting, qualifying, and closing techniques.
- To develop and execute successful Heroku Platform sales campaigns.
- To personally create new leads from strategic prospecting efforts.
- To thoroughly qualify leads & sales opportunities.
- To leverage business from new & established relationships.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with selling software technology solutions.
- Technical aptitude with the ability to understand architecture, frameworks and languages
- Track record of being a top producer
- Appetite for success and willing to work on a team to reach goals
- Background in technology and platform solutions such as application development, database, business intelligence, integration.
- Demonstrated ability to sell large scale and complex systems to key accounts.
- Strong knowledge of the competitive products, solutions and sales tactics.
- Consistent overachievement of goals.
- Good written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Be creative with strong problem solving skills and the ability to succeed in a fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to work well as part of an extended sales team.
- Experience in enterprise architecture, solution architecture, application development.
- Implementation and technology management.
Heroku is a thriving business unit of Salesforce.com. We are based in a beautiful office in SOMA, San Francisco, a second office in Vancouver, British Columbia and we have remote employees on four continents and thirteen countries. Our work environment is fun, flexible, and collaborative. We are focused on technical and operational excellence and customer success. Together we are changing the way web application development and deployment happens.