The Heroku Web Apps team is dedicated to beautiful, usable, and valuable web apps. We’re highly collaborative, make decisions in minutes, and ship features in hours. We believe in getting customer validation early, verifying with real data, but also running with our gut. The small team includes UI/UX design, development, and product management, but everyone on the team is responsible for the success of our products, including that we’re building the right thing in the first place, and that it’s polished and beautiful when it’s done.
Come craft the Heroku experience. Build world class user interfaces and design products for our growing customer base of leading web developers. As a Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process. You will own the experience (product design, interaction design, and visual design) for one or more of our products.
If you love designing for user experience and appreciate the needs of developers, we want to talk to you!
- Shape conceptual ideas into finished products.
- Design beautiful and intuitive interfaces (notification centers, dashboards, admin interfaces, etc.) from concept to production (and then some more).
- Validate your design hypotheses with our customers.
- Work closely with other designers, product managers, and engineers to oversee the user experience of a product from beginning to end.
- Strong portfolio featuring real world examples of interaction design work (the more we can click through the happier we are).
- Experience with HTML and CSS (you must be able to build what you design).
- Capability of rendering and implementing gorgeous visuals (to ship products you need to do more than just wireframing).
- Comfort with an iterative design process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (we want you to articulate your design decisions).
- Excellent copywriting skills.
- Experience rendering beautiful icons.
- Experience with launching your own product or running a startup.
Attach a resume, but also include something about yourself in your message. Tell us why you love the product, why you want to work at Heroku, why you want this job, and why you’re qualified. Use the resume to back yourself up.
UI samples (or URLs) must be included.
This position does require that you live in, or be willing to relocate to, San Francisco and that you're already legally able to work in the US - H1B quotas don't open up again until April. If you're Canadian or Australian with a 4 year degree, we might be able to do something.
Teams: Web Apps
Heroku is a thriving start-up owned by Salesforce.com, based in SOMA, San Francisco. Our work environment is fun and flexible while also ruthlessly focused on technical excellence and customer success. Our growing group offers lots of opportunities for hyper talented, self- motivated, no-drama and no-nonsense individuals who share our belief that cloud architectures are dramatically changing web application development and deployment, and want to be part of the vanguard of this movement.