Are you a software engineer passionate about web apps and related open source projects? Do you get a serious kick out of tracking down hard-to-pinpoint issues and solving problems for customers? If so, we’d like to talk to you about joining our support team at Heroku.
Heroku takes a heavy engineering driven approach to support. Our team of support engineers intimately understand cloud application architecture and common issues putting them in a unique position to build customer facing diagnostic tools.
While you will be developing and improving our documentation and participating in forums and discussions, you will also be a key person:
- Building customer facing tools and applications
- Building and maintaining support's internal tools
- Developing sample applications
- Implementing Bug fixes
Heroku’s customers are deploying some of the coolest and most innovative web applications today. Your primary responsibility will be supporting them by:
- Developing resolutions to the root causes of common customer problems
- Monitor and address customer tickets to understand common issues.
In addition, we highly encourage active participation in open source projects of any language.
- You should have experience as a software engineer and/or white-box tester
- Be passionate about helping real customers solve real problems
Have a strong background in web application development using technologies such as
- and RDBMS such as PostgreSQL and MySQL
- Be a well-organized and effective communicator.
Department: Support Engineering
Teams: Support Engineering
Heroku is a thriving start-up owned by Salesforce.com, based in SOMA, San Francisco. Our work environment is fun and flexible while also ruthlessly focused on technical excellence and customer success. Our growing group offers lots of opportunities for hyper talented, self- motivated, no-drama and no-nonsense individuals who share our belief that cloud architectures are dramatically changing web application development and deployment, and want to be part of the vanguard of this movement.